The Evolution of Work - The Changing Nature of the Global Workplace
What is the “Evolution of Work” study?
- While most workplace changes are perceived positively, there is fear that automation and smart machines will replace work being done by humans.
- Openness to workplace changes varies by region.
- The modern definition of job security requires employees to adapt to different roles.
- Younger workers are searching for meaning that extends beyond lucrative salaries to feel fulfilled.
- HR departments must improve global connectivity.
How have we built the study?
In order to understand how workplace trends are impacting the workplace, ADP Research Institute conducted an original qualitative and quantitative study among employers and employees in four major regions: North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific. This research provided insight not only into understanding emerging workplace trends but also the needs of employees. This approach provides a more long-term view than simply reviewing trends as they are developing today, and it also anticipates and addresses the new frontier of the global workplace.